Forgetting something or letting go can help us move on, it’s not so easy to forget something but try not to forget what you learned from that particular incident. It’s obvious, that everyone of us has memories that we would like to erase it may be insult, humiliation or an embarrassing situation or a disturbing incident. These memories refuses to leave us alone. It might be easier for someone to let go of these memories while others may still have difficulty to face the situation. Forgetting is important; as it helps to move on in life without holding anything against anyone or yourself for that matter, thereby keeping us calm and happy. I found that people can train themselves to forget things deliberately. Here are some possible ways to forget something you don’t want to remember:
- Avoid making connections with the thoughts that remind of something you don’t want to think.
- Don’t let the bad memories to change your mood; the moment you catch yourself focusing on bad , shift your thinking to a happier memory.
- Mental exercise, a ritual to release the negative emotions trapped inside your mind
- Be around who makes you happy , if possible travel and meet new people. Live your life fully & create good memories. You can also spend time by exploring your creativity and get included in art & crafts.
- Talk with someone whom you trust about unpleasant memory and take their advice and views to forget something you don’t want to remember.
- Last but not the least, you need to practice blocking the memories on a daily basis. You need to push it away from your consciousness regularly.
The challenges we face can help make us stronger, better & more prepared for success in our lives. You should understand that frustration & anger are natural emotions when going through a major transition. Give yourself some slack and time to adjust. It helps to prepare yourself for unexpected jolts now and then.
When you focus on here & now, you have less time to think about the old. And bring yourself gently back into the present moment. Forgetting or forgiving is not about weakness. It’s a way of tangibly letting go. I know this stuff is hard and that it’s incredibly hard to let go of one’s pain. But it’s not healthy it adds to our stress, it hurts one’s ability to focus, study & work.
Do something different today & welcome happiness back into your life.
You Can Do Better!
DISCLAIMER: This is my personal blog, the views and opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of people or organization that I may or may not be related with unless stated explicitly. The content is copyrighted solely to the caretaker of this website. Do not copy. Also thoughts and opinions change from time to time as I come to learn more and develop my understanding about the things and issues that I am blogging about. This blog just provides a snapshot of the knowledge, views, and opinions that I hold at a particular point of time and these might most probably change over a period of time. I reserve the right to evolve my knowledge, thoughts, and viewpoints over time and to change them without assigning any reason. Comments are welcome. However, note that, tasteless and insulting comments may be deleted. Any personal remarks and attacks may be deleted. The same holds true for off-topic comments. Any comments that reek of link spam or marketing messages WILL be deleted.
I am not responsible for the content in comments other than those made by me, or in blogs or other online content that I may link to.