Due to current scenario, we all are going through some old and new kind of mental illness or should I say going thru depression, stress, fear as well as anxiety. This is more relevant I guess. So let’s talk about ;
Be kind to your mind and body.take care of your body and soul…
If you’re living with high levels of stress, you’re putting your entire well-being at risk. Stress wreaks havoc on your emotional equilibrium, as well as your physical health. It narrows your ability to think clearly, function effectively, and enjoy life. It may seem like there’s nothing you can do about stress. The bills won’t stop coming, there will never be more hours in the day, and your work and family responsibilities will always be demanding. But you have a lot more control than you might think.
Depression affects 1 out of every 10 adults. Many are high-functioning people like you, who appear “normal” on the outside but are inwardly struggling with the demons that are always present. The constant looming dark cloud that never goes away, the voice inside that tells you that things are bad, life is not worth living, that it will never get better.
Living with Depression is exhausting and drains the energy and life out of you. You feel alone, afraid, trapped in your private hell. I know, because I’ve been there too.
You can beat depression and can live life againGive a chance .. live once again.
It is normal to experience feelings of sadness and despair in response to adverse life events. Such events could include loss, major life changes, stress, or disappointment. No one knows exactly what causes depression. It is clear that genetic factors are important in many cases of depression. Stressful life events play a part in the onset or relapse of depression. Ongoing conflicts with others can take their toll on our well-being, as can other social and environmental stressors such as financial difficulties, retirement, unemployment, childbirth, loneliness, or loss of someone or something important.
In vulnerable people, these unpleasant life events may be enough to cause or worsen a depressive illness. A person’s personality characteristics are an important factor. When people are depressed, they usually have a very negative view of themselves and the world. They do not appreciate good things, and bad things seem overwhelming. Some people have a tendency to view things this way even when they are not depressed. In other words, they may have a depressive personality style. What to do now? Below are some possible way by which you can help yourself to overcome such issues: (I’m not a pro in this, just sharing my thoughts or ways that helped me out with my mental health)
- Know how you feel and why? – source of your mental illness. Get to root of your feelings.
- Reach out to some one – Talking to some whom you trust and believe..
- Listen to some good music – anything you like. This change your mood instantly, make you feel less alone and music can heal .
- Cuddle or play with pets- spend quality time with your pet if you have, otherwise you can also spend time with homeless pets as well.
- Go for a walk – Nature walks play a major role if you want to feel lively again. Best therapy ever for me.
- Drink some healthy drinks and fresh juices- There are many health benefits of eating healthy food and healthy drinks as well. So this might help.
- Look through old photographs and old memories that put smiles on your face not that makes you feel sad.
- Hug someone. ( This is my personal favourite) whom you admire.. whom you love.
- Cry – that releives pain.
- Laugh – for no reason . Watch funny movie and spend time with random people. Yes you can do that.
- Focus on what truly matters to you.
- Get out of the house and observe people around you. Write something.
- Take a mental vacation. let your mind wander.
- Let go. This is a very simple mantra of mine. I usually say it to myself multiple times each day, which has been very liberating and empowering.
- Last but not the least. READ . this is my mantra to releives stress and depression for me.
Read: Right choices
This is all I wanted to share with you all. Let me know in comment section. And if you like this information and my thoughts then do share with your family and friends and spread happiness around you. Never ever loose hope. Remember we can start over again only if we want to..
Will come soon with another blog.. till then keep smiling and laugh as much as you can. Love, listen to people around you, help them to figure out what they want without judging them. Please. This is a new beginning towards better mental health. Let’s help each other and Love each other. Life is too short for such issues. You can do better.
DISCLAIMER: This is my personal blog, the views and opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of people or organization that I may or may not be related with unless stated explicitly. The content is copyrighted solely to the caretaker of this website. Do not copy. Also thoughts and opinions change from time to time as I come to learn more and develop my understanding about the things and issues that I am blogging about. This blog just provides a snapshot of the knowledge, views, and opinions that I hold at a particular point of time and these might most probably change over a period of time. I reserve the right to evolve my knowledge, thoughts, and viewpoints over time and to change them without assigning any reason. Comments are welcome. However, note that, tasteless and insulting comments may be deleted. Any personal remarks and attacks may be deleted. The same holds true for off-topic comments. Any comments that reek of link spam or marketing messages WILL be deleted.
I am not responsible for the content in comments other than those made by me, or in blogs or other online content that I may link to.