Here are more information about how walking offers many health and pain reduction benefits for people suffering from arthritis or any other bone issues. Here are 6 Health Benefits Of Walking as walking is good for you in many other ways. What’s not to like about walking ? For me walking is easy to do and there’s no question that walking is good for overall body functioning. Walking lowers the risk of blood clots, since cell acts a pump, contracting and pumping blood from legs to heart. In addition to that walking is an easy aerobic exercise and best in many other different ways.
6 Health Benefits Of Walking
- You’ll burn calories with out a lot of effort. A 30 min walk burns approximately 200 calories. Calories burned can lead to pounds dropped. Hence walking can boost your weight loss process.
- Helps to improve cardiovascular system. Walking brings up the heart rate, lowers blood pressure and boost overall heart health. As per the research women who walk 30 minutes a day can lower their risk by 20%. So it is beneficial for heart health.
- Helps relieve joint pains and stiffness. It can stop the loss of bone mass for those who are suffering from osteoporosis. Moreover, one study has found that 30 minutes of walking each day reduced the risk of hip fractures by 40% in post menopausal women.
- Lighten your mood and enjoy a longer life. People who exercise daily as compared to those who don’t are 35% less likely to die over the next 80 years. Walking gives you a boost of energy and it boost your life for longer years. It also releases natural painkilling endorphins to the body. More steps in a day can boost and lighten your mood.
- Improve sleep and your breath. Walking can overcome the issue of insomnia. A one hour morning walk is more likely to relieve insomnia than women who didn’t walk. With walking breathing rate increases, causing oxygen level faster through blood, also helping in the elimination of waste products and hence improves your energy levels and ability to heal.
- Strengthen muscles. Every one likes their toned legs. Walking tones your leg and abdominal muscles as well as arm muscles. If there is more amount of arm movement while walking it increases your range of motion, shifts the pressure and weight from joints to muscles.
Concluding > > Benefits Of Walking
Apart from above listed health benefits there are few other benefits as well. Walking is great opportunity to catch up on audiobooks, podcasts, family & friends. Secondly, it is a great way to unwind and disconnect. Sometimes, it becomes a necessity to unplug yourself from the world for a moment. So that you can reset yourself. While walking you can also listen to audiobooks and your favourite podcast. While disconnecting yourself from the outer world, self-love becomes necessity. Lastly would likely to suggest to monitor your daily steps. Wear pedometer while walking as it will help you to measure your walk. The recommended steps is 10000 or more. Drink plenty of fluids or water before and after or within your walks. Hydration is important so keep hydrating your body with plenty of water. Also try to choose your walking exercise as per your age, requirement and fitness level. Let me know in the comments your thoughts on this. You can do better!
Recent Blog- Attitude Is Everything
Also Read – Healthy foods to eat everyday
DISCLAIMER: This is my personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here represent of my own based on educational research. Also thoughts and opinions change from time to time as I come to learn more and develop my understanding about the things and issues that I am blogging about.